Bahasa

/

Sejarah JPP

JPP History

The history of technical and vocational education system is starting with the establishment of the National Treacher Technical School in Kuala Lumpur to train technicians for the Railway Department and the Public Works Department in 1906. Since that technical and vocational education has been through several phases of change and development in line with technological advances. Technical and vocational education is growing in 1926 with the establishment of the first school craftsmanship along with advances in technology to meet the needs of the workforce.

In 1964 the Technical and Vocational Education Division, Ministry of Education was established and assigned to promote technical and vocational education. Then, the division was turned to be the Department of Technical Education (JPTEK) in 1995. In addition to formulating policy, this new department is also responsible for determining the direction of technical and vocational education in accordance with the National industrialization and modernization programme.

In March 2004, the Ministry of Higher Education was established to improve the quality of higher education delivery system, hence the Department of Polytechnic and Community College (JPPKK) was then established. However, in 16 September 2009 JPPKK have been restructured into the Department of Polytechnic Education (JPP) and the Department of Community College Education (JPKK).

In May 2013, the Ministry of Higher Education and Ministry of Education has been merged and became the Ministry of Education. However, the Federal Cabinet reshuffled on July 28, 2015 (Tuesday) and the Prime Minister by a special press conference announced that the Ministry of Higher Education (MoHE) was officially re-established in accordance with the provisions of the Act relating to higher education.

Now, headed by a Director General, all polytechnics are under DPE’s provision and continue the quality and dynamic of the technical and vocational education system.